Bonafide Management Systems has released Optical Character Recognition (OCR) functionality. This technology allows our customers to efficiently and instantly search all scanned documents on the Bonafide DME software solution. OCR is an advanced feature included at no additional charge to Bonafide customers. If you are a customer and would like this feature, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can turn it on for you.
Bonafide’s OCR technology works by analyzing the structure of scanned documents. The technology is able to recognize elements such as blocks of text, tables, and images. It can then identify characters and words within the scanned document. This search function eliminates costly data entry functions currently required in most Durable Medical Equipment (DME) businesses.
“We are adding this technology based on the fact that OCR will result in significant cost savings for our customers by reducing costly manual searches and manual data entry,” says Wayne Bailey, Director of Customer Service at Bonafide. “With DME margins shrinking every day, we are dedicated to providing critical cost-savings opportunity with our software.”
OCR technology allows Bonafide’s customers to search all scanned documents containing a specific name, hospital, phone number, diagnosis code, denial description, or almost any detail quickly and easily. The workaround for DME providers today is to manually add tags and descriptions to scanned documents, but these are often either incomplete or require a complete re-write of the scanned document. With thousands of scanned documents in any system, the cost savings posed by OCR are tremendous.
“Our customers have thousands of scanned documents, none of which are easily available,” says Michelle Tohill, Director of Revenue Cycle Management at Bonafide. “Manually reviewing documentation is time-consuming and unproductive because scanned documents are not dated or scanned in order and are not easily available. OCR will help our DME customers become more efficient in their documentation, compliance, and billing activities.”
Bonafide Management Systems today announced a complete integration with the customer service cloud solution from Zendesk. With Zendesk, Bonafide offers its customers fast response times and exemplary customer support. Additional advantages of the solution are its extensive reporting capabilities and integrated knowledge base. Easy and intuitive operation and administration of the solution ensure a high degree efficient and personal communication with customers.
Bonafide has added a number of significant customers in the past two years, and its previous customer support solution was no longer meeting the requirements of the company. Bonafide began searching for a one-stop, simple solution that would help customer support agents to provide excellent support to customers. Zendesk was able to meet all the requirements.
“We are very impressed with the Zendesk solution,” says Wayne Bailey, Director of Customer Service at Bonafide. “With all of the growth we are experiencing, we needed a better solution, fast. Zendesk met all of our needs, and we were able to train our agents quickly.”
In addition to a robust ticketing system for customers, Bonafide has also introduced online training courses and an extensive library of information in its online knowledge base via Zendesk.
“Our customers immediately noticed the improved communication and are consistently giving our agents excellent ratings for their service,” says Michelle Tohill, Director of Revenue Cycle Management at Bonafide. “With Zendesk, we can now answer incoming customer questions easily and quickly and be more proactive about reaching out to users.”
The HME/DME industry has become much harder to compete in, and our software makes it easier, with fewer headaches and simple pricing so there are no monthly surprises from our billing department. Here are a few points of differentiation:
1. Intake by Eligibility: Bonafide has built-in intake by eligibility, which saves your customer service representatives 10-15 minutes every time they add a new customer or enter an order. They can verify eligibility and patient responsibility on the spot, allowing them to collect from patients up front rather than requiring a lengthy billing cycle.
2. Fee Updates: Bonafide provides automatic fee updates with a self-service tool that any provider can use to quickly and easily update insurance fees.
3. Inventory: Bonafide has a robust inventory system that allows you to know exactly where all of your inventory is in real-time, automates the ordering process, and make pricing decisions to maximize margins. With your inventory fully integrated with your business system, you have real-time access to accurate COGS and Profit/Loss information.
4. Delivery: Our competitors’ delivery modules are expensive and inefficient. Our fully integrated delivery system is built into our software. Your drivers get optimized delivery routes, documentation is contained on their smartphones, and each truck’s inventory is seamlessly maintained all in one place. The potential cost savings in this area alone are tremendous. We have one client that has +300 drivers. Because of our electronic documentation system, they are able to bill at the end of every day because there is no time wasted manually inputting documentation.
5. Shipping: Bonafide is fully integrated with national shipping companies (FedEx, UPS, and USPS). Tracking numbers and delivery times are auto-uploaded into our software, and we “ping” each company nightly to upload any deliveries from that day.
6. Documentation:Bonafide includes Optical Character Recognition (OCR) functionality in our system. This technology allows our customers to efficiently and instantly search all scanned documents on the Bonafide system. This is included at no additional charge to Bonafide customers. OCR drives significant cost savings by reducing costly manual searches and manual data entry.
These are just a few of our game-changing points of differentiation. We are a lean, agile company, and we’re hungry to open this discussion and see how we can get you on our advanced software.